Synergy presents: Dynamics SL (Solomon) Beginning Crystal Reports training in Seattle
November 19, 2013 08:30 AM-November 20, 2013 05:00 PM Pacific
Registration is closed for this event
Event Details (Event Code:160968)
This 2-day class is required for understanding how Crystal Report Writer Version 10 is integrated into the Microsoft Business Solutions - Solomon system. This course is a beginning level presentation of features, techniques and knowledge needed by anyone who will be doing simple report modifications and creation in the Solomon environment. Using Dynamics SL sample data, you will modify and create reports using SQL views and formulas, and add these reports to the Solomon menu. Our goal is to train you to be proficient with creating and modifying Solomon reports using Crystal Reports, and to allow you the ability to provide maximum benefit and value to your organization.
By actively participating in this class, you should learn to:
Understand the structure and features of Crystal Report Writer. Determine the information that should be included in a report, where to find it, and how the report should be grouped and sorted.
Understand data sources for reports, how to connect to a database, how to navigate in Crystal Report Writer, how to create a new report, and how to bring data into a report.
Understand the different methods for linking tables in a report.
- Use the different alignment options for fields in a report, format text fields, and add/format special fields on a report.
- Format areas of a report with lines and boxes, add graphics, and conditionally highlight fields in a report.
- How to Sort data, how to Group data, and how to Restrict data on a report.
- Use Parameter fields to determine the data included in a report and how to place Parameter fields on a report.
- Understand when to use the Cross Tab function and how to create a Cross Tab report.
- Create a chart using report data and how to report data on a map.
- Use formulas to calculate data fields on reports, create formulas for a report, create If Then statements in a report and how to create Report Alerts.
- Export report data to an Excel file and produce report outputs in various other formats including Word, .PDF, and HTML.
1. Crystal Reports Overview
2. Planning a Report
3. Creating a New Report
4. Adding Tables to a Report
5. Field Formatting
6. Report Formatting
1. Sorting and Grouping
2. Report Sections
3. Formula Fundamentals
4. Report Distribution Options
5. Dynamics SL Connection to Crystal
6. Modifying a Solomon Crystal Report
7. Report Control Maintenance
Business Decision Makers, C-Level, Government, Information Workers, IT Professionals
SYNERGY BUSINESS SOLUTIONS
We believe that training and education are key to efficient and accurate use of the Dynamics SL software. Synergy offers class room training on the various modules as well as hosting webinars and User Group Meetings throughout the year. For more information, contact Rob@SynergyBusiness.com or call toll free 855-855-8511
When and Where
Tuesday, 19 November 2013 08:30 AM -
Wednesday, 20 November 2013 05:00 PM Pacific
Synergy Business Solutions, Inc.
221 1st Avenue West
Seattle, Washington 98119
United States Bing It!
This Event is Hosted by:
SYNERGY BUSINESS SOLUTIONS