Security, especially in regards to data breaches, is an important initiative in the IT world. This special seminar will give you insights and ways to protect your physical, virtual, and mobile desktops using the principle of least privilege. Windows has built-in security features with excellent usability, but to fully operate within a least privilege model, you nee
d the ability to more granularly manage privileges enterprise-wide.
In this seminar, Derek Melber, Group Policy MVP, Microsoft TechEd speaker, and author of the “Group Policy Resource Kit” by Microsoft Press, will share anecdotes for gaining more control over the privileges of your users. He will dive into best practices for implementing least privilege in your environment and discuss strategies for keeping your Windows XP and migrated Windows 7 machines secure. Derek will also answer questions about the security pros and cons of utilizing User Account Control (UAC) and Applocker while offering tips and suggestions for tackling some of the hardest IT obstacles in your environment. Expect to take away how to:
· Address the accidental, intentional, and indirect impact of users having too many, or too few, privileges
· Fulfill corporate security requirements by meeting security mandates, and compliance regulations
· Find the perfect balance of user privileges in large-scale and distributed environments
· Assign permissions transparently to reduce user interaction and maximize productivity
· Identify how UAC, whitelisting, AppLocker, App-V/Med-V, and other alternatives don’t remove users from being local admins
Please feel free to contact us directly if you have any questions or are looking for more information. We look forward to seeing you at the seminar!
2173 Salk Avenue
Carlsbad, California 92008