Windows Azure Kick Start Developer Training
June 29, 2012 08:15 AM-06:00 PM Central
Registration is closed for this event
Event Details (Event Code:160757)
Spend a day with experts, learning how to build a web application that runs in Windows Azure. You will learn how to sign up for free time in the could, and how to build a typical web application using the same ASP.NET tools and techniques you already use today.
We will explore web roles, cloud storage, SQL Azure, and common scenarios.
Plenty of time for Q&A, as well as frank discussion about applications that could, and those that should not be, moved to the cloud.
This will be a hands on event where you will need a laptop configured with the required pieces. We will have ehlp onsite to get the right bits installed as well. Lunch will be provided.
- A computer or laptop installed with one of the following: Windows 7 (Ultimate, Professional, or Enterprise edition), Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Vista (Ultimate, Business, or Enterprise edition) with either Service Pack 1 or Service Pack 2
- One click install of Windows Azure SDK and required software
- Consider bringing a power strip or extension cord
- Sample code and the handbook for the labs will be provided at the event
Developers, IT Professionals, IT Professionals, IT Professionals, Technical Decision Makers
OAKWOOD SYSTEMS GROUP
Oakwood's educational breakfasts, seminars, and full-day events are valuable, non-sales sessions where attendees see, hear, and discuss information that will provide immediate value to themselves and to their organizations. From SharePoint Thursdays and System Center Fridays to sessions helping clients understand upcoming licensing changes and how to get ahead of them, Oakwood is committed to providing critical information in a collaborative format, and we promise you will never hear a sales pitch.
By way of credentials:
- In business since 1981, and headquartered in St. Louis, Missouri
- More than 150 professionals working with clients across the US
- A Gold member of the Microsoft Partner Network
- Twelve Microsoft competencies, seven of which are Gold
- An Azure Circle partner, with five certified Azure architects on staff
- Our Microsoft practices include the following:
- Business Intelligence/Big Data Management
- Mobile App Development
- Azure PaaS, IaaS, Development / Cloud Solutions
- Social Business
- Data Center Modernization/Systems Management/System Center
- Office 365
- Portals and Websites
- Application Lifecycle Management/Integration
- Project Management Consulting
- Hybrid Cloud Services including Azure, Intune, and Office 365
- Unified Communications
- Microsoft's 2011 Central Region Partner of the Year
When and Where
Friday, 29 June 2012 08:15 AM -
06:00 PM Central
1408 Locust Street
Des Moines, Iowa 50309
United States Bing It!