SQL Server Data Tools (SSDT) is a toolset released with SQL Server 2012. It replaces Business Intelligence Development Studio (BIDS) and Visual Studio 2010 Database Projects, and it can seriously improve the way your team works with SQL Server databases. Attend this session for a series of demonstrations on how to develop, query, compare, debug, refactor and deploy SQL Server and SQL Azure databases using SSDT - including how to put all of your database objects under source control and how use the new LocalDB edition as a sandboxed environment to build, test, and debug your DB project. If you already use VS 2010 Database Projects, we'll be covering why you'll want to upgrade your database projects to SSDT and how! Attendees should be fluent in SQL Server-ese.
• Understand how SSDT solves common problems for team database development
• Learn how to get started with SSDT and get your DB under source control in TFS 2012
• Learn how to structure and deploy databases to SQL Server and Azure.
• Common problems for DB Teams and How SSDT solves them
• Key features of SSDT database projects
• Database Lifecycle Management and Workflow using SSDT and TFS 2012
• Creating and structuring SQL Server database projects using SSDT
• Using SSDT to build, maintain and deploy SQL Server databases
Join us to learn how SSDT enables rich collaboration between roles involved in database development including developers and administrators. Enable your organization to keep databases under source control to provide consistent and predictable interface that aligns with proven application lifecycle management practices.
Presented by Ryan Riehle